Protecting your account is vital to enjoying your streaming experience with Sling TV. To help us keep your account secure and devices protected, we recommend you maintain the following precautionary measures:
Make sure you’re signing out of the Sling TV app on any infrequently used, public, or shared devices. These can include work computers, devices at a friend’s house, or any device that other users might have access to.
To sign out, start by selecting the Settings icon in your Sling TV app. Note: Depending on your device, this may appear as a gear icon, or as SETTINGS in the top ribbon.
Next, scroll down to Account, then select Sign Out.
Update your password periodically. Your password is your gateway to Sling TV, so let's keep it safe! When creating your password, we recommend you keep these key points in mind:
- Your password must be between 4-30 characters
- The longer the password, the stronger it will be. Use more characters to your advantage when building a unique password
- Make sure your password is one-of-a-kind to your Sling TV account
- Mix and match numbers, symbols, upper- and lowercase letters
- To learn how to update your password, click here
Forgot your password? No worries! Click here for instructions on how to reset it.
Make sure your device’s malware and virus protection software is up to date.
Finally, please contact us immediately using the link at the very bottom of this page to report any fraudulent or suspicious activity.